Training & Events.
Welcome to our training center. View our upcoming training on our events calendar or view videos of past trainings by purchasing a password. Click on the event you are interested in for more details and to register.
ORPC's Annual Conference
Join us in Cyberspace on Monday, September 14, 2020 for the Office of Respondent Parents’ Counsel's Virtual Fall Conference, Celebrating Five Years of ORPC Advocacy. This training is for family defenders who are passionate about giving a voice to the most important people in the D&N courtroom--the families! Conference sessions will include:
• Welcome address (including awards for outstanding advocacy) from our Executive Director, Melissa Thompson
• Keynote speaker, Nkechi Taifa, on keeping up the good fight in trying times
• Separation trauma: how to use the social science research in your legal advocacy for families
• ORPC’s Parent Advocate Program update
• Wellness and self-care brought to you by Lori James-Townes
The training portion of the conference will be from 1:30-5:05 p.m. on Monday, September 14, with a jurisdictional roundtable and networking happy hour to follow. Register for the conference via this link.